City Manager Scott Hildebran is responsible for the administration and operation of the city government. Mr. Hildebran prepares a budget for the Council's consideration; recruits, hires, and supervises the government's staff; serves as the Council's chief advisor, and carries out the Council's policies.
The Administration Department is comprised of the City Manager, City Clerk, Human Resources Specialist, Public Information Officer. The department:
- Manages day-to-day operations of the City
- Oversees the City’s ~25 million budget
- Handles scheduling for City Council, creates Council agendas, records Council minutes
- Processes an average of 45 employment applications a month; maintains personnel records and benefits plans for 254 full-time and 88 part-time employees; distributed 385 W-2s in 2016
- Manages external and internal communications in the city via the City website, social media accounts, news releases, newsletters, and videos, and monitors public engagement with the City
Message from the City Manager
Thank you for visiting the official website for the City of Lenoir. Lenoir’s Customer Service motto is “Service Beyond Measure” and our dedicated city employees are committed to providing quality cost effective services to residents, businesses, and visitors to our community.
Our website has been redesigned with the goal of providing up-to-date, easily accessible information about our city and the services it provides. Our website is another way of providing customer service and we welcome your comments and suggestions about ways to improve it as we continue to develop this and other communication methods for the City.