Baseball / Softball
Baseball, Tee-ball, and Softball are offered in the Spring and Fall. Games are generally played at Mulberry Recreation Center and Lenoir Optimist Park. See below for league schedules and details.
About the League
The following information is about the baseball /softball league:
- The league plays in the spring from May to June. Registration is in January and February.
- The league plays in the fall from September to October. Registration is in July and August.
- The cost is $25.00 for city residents and $50 for non-city residents
Baseball / Tee-ball Divisions
|Co-Ed Tee Ball/Coach Pitch||4 to 5 year old boys and girls|
|8U/Coach Pitch||6 to 8 year old boys|
|10U||9 to 10 year old boys|
|12U||11 to 12 year old boys|
|15U (Spring Season Only)||13 to 15 year old boys|
|8U/Coach Pitch||6 to 8 year old girls|
|10U||9 to 10 year old girls|
|12U||11 to 12 year old girls|
The following are some rules for when you visit the Mulberry Recreation Center:
- Mulberry Recreation Center and Optimist Park Fields and Facilities are smoke, vape, and tobacco free.
- No pets allowed
Bat Rule Change for 2019 Season
This rule affects players in the 8U Boys, 10U Boys, 12U Boys , and 15U Boys:
- All bats must have the USA Bat Stamp on them.
- Bat Barrel/Diameter: Up to 2 5/8 inches
- Bat Length:
- 8U and 10U: Cannot exceed 33 inches
- 12U and 15U: Cannot exceed 36 inches