The City provides residential curbside garbage pickup inside the city limits. In addition to garbage, staff collects yard waste and bulk items. The City also operates a recycling center on Pennton Avenue.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
City Garbage Carts
Residents with a utility account will get one 95-gallon, roll-out cart at no extra cost. Businesses will get two. Residents can rent up to two more carts, $5 each per month, and businesses can rent up to four more carts, also $5 each per month. City sanitation workers will only collect trash that’s bagged and placed in the new, gray City of Lenoir garbage cart. Residents can also still purchase the old green carts for yard waste.
Items Not Collected
Items that cannot be collected are:
- Building materials
- Florescent light bulbs
- Hazardous waste such as, but not limited to, paint thinner, paint, ammonia, and industrial cleaners
- Large cardboard shipping cartons for collection, if the material is not flattened and bundled to prevent scattering,
- Tree stumps
- Used passenger cars, buses, trucks, boats or any vehicle designed to be self-propelled or pulled,
- All other items not listed that are determined to be highly inflammable, combustible, poisonous or explosive material which could present a hazard to the health or safety of sanitation personnel and equipment.