The City provides residential curbside garbage pickup inside the city limits. In addition to garbage, staff collects yard waste and bulk items. The City also operates a recycling center on Pennton Avenue.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
City Garbage Carts
Residents with a utility account will get one 95-gallon, roll-out cart at no extra cost. Businesses will get two. Residents can rent up to two more carts, $5 each per month, and businesses can rent up to four more carts, also $5 each per month. City sanitation workers will only collect trash that’s bagged and placed in the new, gray City of Lenoir garbage cart. Residents can also still purchase the old green carts for yard waste.
Items Not Collected
Items that cannot be collected are:
- Building materials
- Florescent light bulbs
- Hazardous waste such as, but not limited to, paint thinner, paint, ammonia, and industrial cleaners
- Large cardboard shipping cartons for collection, if the material is not flattened and bundled to prevent scattering,
- Tree stumps
- Used passenger cars, buses, trucks, boats or any vehicle designed to be self-propelled or pulled,
- All other items not listed that are determined to be highly inflammable, combustible, poisonous or explosive material which could present a hazard to the health or safety of sanitation personnel and equipment.
The gym at Mulberry Recreation Center will be closed until further notice due to damage to the gym floor. The operating hours at Mulberry will also change until the floor is repaired. Read on...
The City of Lenoir will celebrate Black History Month starting on Feb. 1, 2024, with a daily social media quiz. Events will continue through February with a gospel singing, movie night, essay contest and quiz bowl, and blood drive. Read on...
A shut off valve failure caused a backflow in the City of Lenoir water system for about 45 minutes Sunday morning, Jan. 21, 2024. The backflow stirred up sediment, often called "scaling," and discolored city water for some customers. Read on...