The City provides several special collection services including Christmas tree pickup, leaf and mulch compost, a recycling center, and roll-off container rentals.
Christmas Tree Pickup
The City of Lenoir offers curb side Christmas tree pickup starting the first business day after Jan. 1 and running for at least five business days. Please place trees behind the curb or ditch line, so as not to impede pedestrian or vehicle movement.
The City of Lenoir gives away leaf compost in the spring every year.
- The compost giveaway / sale happens generally once or twice in April depending on the amount of compost and demand. Staff will post the compost giveaway announcements on the City calendar and garbage page.
- The compost giveaway generally runs rom 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on a Saturday.
- The compost center is located at 825 Fairview Drive at the old sewer plant behind the radio station.
- Compost is free if you load it yourself, or $5 per scoop if City staff load it for you.
The City of Lenoir Recycling Center is located on Pennton Avenue. The center accepts common recyclables from city of Lenoir residents only. Rear view mirror hangers are available at the recycling center or at the front desk on the first floor of City Hall.
Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
The City offers 20-cubic-yard, roll-off dumpsters to utility account holders who need to dispose of a large amount of garbage or debris. The roll-off containers can only be used for acceptable debris for a maximum of two weeks.
For more information about renting a roll-off container, call 828-757-2173.
Roll-off dumpster rental
|2 week flat fee + daily rental
$50.00 + $5.00 per day + tipping fees
Caldwell County residents can also dispose of garbage and debris at the Foothills Environmental Landfill and Caldwell County Convenience Centers. Click here for more information on the convenience center and landfill.
Convenience Centers are for household waste and recycling only.
Residents must dispose of the following items at the landfill only:
- Yard Waste (Trees, Limbs, or Brush)
- Construction or Destruction Materials
- Paint (Must be dried)
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Out-of-County Waste